1. National Scholarship : Deserving students are selected by the Govt. of Orissa in order of merit.
2. National Loan Scholarship : National Loan Scholarship is awarded to the students reading in various classes who have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the Annual High School certificate and +2 examination.
3. Post Matric Stipends to the students of scheduled caste and scheduled tribe.
4. Scholarship for deaf, blind and orthopaedically handicapped students: such student must apply in the prescribed form which can be obtained from the office of the District Social Welfare Officer.
5. Junior College Scholarship : The Junior College Scholarship on merit cum poverty is awarded to the students on the result of Annual C.H.S.E. Examination.
6. Scholarship and aids to the children of political sufferers.
7. Educational concession to the children and dependents of service personnel and Ex-servicemen.
8. A student in receipt of one of the above scholarships is not eligible to get another scholarship, without the prior permission of the Director of Public Instruction, Orissa, Bhubaneswar.
9. Post Matric Scholarship are awarded by the Tribal and Rural Welfare Department and the other Scholarships are awarded by the Director of Public Instruction, Orissa, Bhubaneswar.
Free studentship and half free studentship are granted to the poor and deserving students of the college. The Principal invites applications for the same from students in a prescribed form available in the college office. Applicants are required to appear before an interview. Poverty –cum- merit serves as the sole basis for the grant of Free and Half Free Studentship.
Financial Assistance is granted to the deserving poor students from this fund.
The following prizes are awarded to the students.
1. Dinabandhu Memorial Prize Rs.100/- per year founded in 1978 from funds contributed by Sri Radhakrishna Sahoo. The prize is awaded to the student passing out from Jubaraj High School, Talcher secruring the Highest marks in aggregate in H.S.C. examination & joining Talcher College to pursue Higher studies.
2. Nabin Sahu Memorial Prize Rs. 120/- per year founded in 1978 from funds contributed by Sri Radhakrishna Sahoo. The prize is awarded to the student passed +2 in Arts from Talcher College secruring the Highest marks Economic & joining Talcher College to pursue Higher study in B.A. with Economics as optional subject.
50% concession of the current fare shall be allowed to a student.
a) for his/her daily journey to Talcher from his village only if he/she is not a boarder and the distance of journey is within 50 kilometers and
b) for going home during Summer and Puja vacations to meet his/her parents at the address recorded in the college long Roll.
The student should carry his college identity card while travelling by bus to avail such concession.
A student can avail 50% concession of the current railway fare for his journey.
a) to go home(native place/address mentioned in the long Roll during Summer and Puja Vacation.
b) to attend an interview.
c) to go on study tour organized by the college. Such concession can be availed by mail/express trains if the distance is more than 500 kilometers.